maildirsize calculation gives higher value than a real disk utilization

Andrea Lisci andrelisci at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:25:38 UTC 2016

Yes, you are right

du -skl /users/vmail/domain/user shows 41565640

su -sk /users/vmail/domain/user shows 33361728

doveadm quota get -u user at domain shows 41354370

so considering checking 'du' by '-l' shows 211270kb of difference from
'quota get'.

the mail account was imported by imapsync and the user has made
modification to the folder structure by microsoft outlook 2010.

What can cause this ?