any news Enterprise Repository Access?

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Jul 27 06:31:34 UTC 2016

Am 26.07.16 um 21:12 schrieb Alexander Dalloz:
> Am 26.07.2016 um 14:41 schrieb Sami Ketola:
>>
>>> On 26 Jul 2016, at 09:18, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator
>>> <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> we had access to the repository and it was working fine. But as we cant
>>> get the 2.2.25 update I was looking into the repofolders and there are
>>> RPMs "just" for RHEL 6// but not 5 any more.
>>>
>>> My be I missed the latest discussions or announcements? Could you give
>>> me an update on information and may be the RHEL 5 RPMs too?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot and regards . Götz
>>

>> Dovecot EE build support for RHEL 5 / CentOS 5 is going away soon
>> even if we still made one more build for CentOS 5. Please upgrade
>> your system.
>>
>> Sami
>
> Not only because of dovecot
>
> [21:09:27 CEST] <centbot> CentOS 5 will go EOL on 31 March, 2017 -- in
> 35 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes, and 47 seconds but be aware
> that it is now in production phase 3 and only receives critical updates
>
> Alexander
Thx for your both feedback, and yes, it is EOL but as you mentioned in
35+ weeks. O.K. Redhat never did a dovecot update to the current version
and as a lot of customers we think the update policy for some software
should be changed too to support more modern versions of "core" server
services. But that's not a dovecot topic ;)

That dovecot offers still  EE build for free is great, but a road map on
what the future subscription plans are would be nice; e.g low cost fee
for just the repos, higher fees for support etc. That's what I missed.

    Regards . Götz