forwarding emails using sieve

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Wed Jun 1 01:39:25 UTC 2016

I know this is a tad tangential to dovecot, but maybe someone has some
pointers for me. I'm trying to forward emails using the sieve filtering
and redirect doesn't do it because it doesn't wrap the message in a new
email, instead, it seems to just change the envelope From (and To). This
causes the outbound relay to reject the message for security/spam
reasons (forged From). It looks like the dovecot sieve implementation
doesn't let me change the From header in the sieve script. Is there a
way to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thanks!