doveadm-server protocol change?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jun 1 11:02:24 UTC 2016

Op 30-5-2016 om 22:06 schreef aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi:
>> On May 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM Heiko Schlittermann <hs at schlittermann.de> wrote:
>>

>> Heiko Schlittermann <hs at schlittermann.de> (Mo 30 Mai 2016 21:18:09 CEST):
>>> Hi Aki,
>>>
>>> aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> (Mo 30 Mai 2016 20:57:58 CEST):
>>> Thank you. I just used ppa:patrickdk/production, but probably will try
>>> the xi.dovecot.fi packages.
>> The question is, which of these locations is more trustworthy in the
>> sense of 'production ready'?
>>
>> --
>> Heiko
> I'd consider xi.dovecot.fi more reliable myself.

The wiki should be pretty clear about this. Using Xi packages for
production systems is a very bad idea, unless perhaps you carefully
review and test it on another system before every update.

If the developers commit a horrible bug to the repositories, you're
likely going to be one of the first to notice. Keep that in mind!

Regards,

Stephan.