forwarding emails using sieve

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Jun 1 15:43:57 UTC 2016

Am 01.06.2016 um 16:58 schrieb Stephan Bosch:

> Op 1-6-2016 om 3:39 schreef Thorsten von Eicken:
>> I know this is a tad tangential to dovecot, but maybe someone has some
>> pointers for me. I'm trying to forward emails using the sieve
>> filtering and redirect doesn't do it because it doesn't wrap the
>> message in a new email, instead, it seems to just change the envelope
>> From (and To). This causes the outbound relay to reject the message
>> for security/spam reasons (forged From).
>
> Forwarding like that is currently not possible with the Sieve language.
> The "enclose" extension seems to come close, but it explicitly has no
> effect on redirected messages, which I find rather strange.
>
>> It looks like the dovecot sieve implementation doesn't let me change
>> the From header in the sieve script. Is there a way to accomplish what
>> I'm looking for?
>
> Changing the "From" header field can be done using the "editheader"
> extension (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5293).
>
> require "editheader";
>
> deleteheader "From";
> addheader "From" "User <user at example.com>";
>
> Note that this extension is not enabled by default and thus requires
> explicit configuration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

you may read this ( german )

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2016/01/24/e-mail-weiterleitungen-mit-dovecot-sieve-ohne-spf-dmarc-und-dkim-konflikte-2/

highly experimental !

remember Stephan s post before give it a try

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München