zlib corrupted data

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri Jun 3 09:38:17 UTC 2016

Hello,

	We are having performance problems with one of our users. We are having
a server (2.1.16) for about 8000 users. This server is a vmware vm with
8 cores and 32GB of RAM. Normally, it is working fine, but when one of
our users access his email, then the load increases a lot and this high
load is maintained while the user is connected.

	Looking for problems with this user I have found that trying to move
messages from one folder to another I have errors like:

doveadm(mctm at um.es): Error:
zlib.read(/mail/users/mailboxes/um.es/mc/mctm/mdbox/storage/m.1486):
corrupted data at 30152376
doveadm(mctm at um.es): Error:
zlib_istream.seek(/mail/users/mailboxes/um.es/mc/mctm/mdbox/storage/m.1486)
failed: Invalid argument
doveadm(mctm at um.es): Error:
zlib.read(/mail/users/mailboxes/um.es/mc/mctm/mdbox/storage/m.1473):
corrupted data at 7175520
doveadm(mctm at um.es): Error:
zlib_istream.seek(/mail/users/mailboxes/um.es/mc/mctm/mdbox/storage/m.1473)
failed: Invalid argument

	but a doveadm dump of these files shows no problem.

	Is there any way to debug this problem? How could I fix it?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática