Slow auth [solved]

Ranbir m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Jun 7 20:43:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-06-07 at 11:24 -0700, Laz C. Peterson wrote:
> Or, you can also try PAM using Kerberos, instead of WInbind (or
> whatever you are using with PAM).  Just a thought.

So I did a tad bit more research because I didn't want to configure
Dovecot to use LDAP. I wanted to use pam because the dovecot pam module
would continue to be used. It's just easier that way!

Anyway, I noticed this option for the pam driver in passdb:

cache_key=<key>

I ended up adding this to the "args" list:

cache_key=%u%n

I also set these:

auth_cache_size = 1024
auth_cache_ttl = 1 hour
auth_cache_negative_ttl = 0

Now Roundcube is flying again, just like it was before I made Dovecot
use FreeIPA. The slow auth issue is gone.

Thanks for listening!

--
Ranbir