Dovecot 2.2.24 coredump client_check_command_hangs()

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Wed Jun 8 09:23:07 UTC 2016

I’m seeing core dumps from Dovecot’s imap process (around 1/day currently) from client_check_command_hangs().

Dovecot 2.2.24
OS: Solaris 10
CPU: x86
Filesystem: Local ZFS

Most crashes are associated with one user (with 25GB of mail in his mailboxes) but some (two) are also associated with other user with “just” 10GB mail.

Please find enclosed various log files/traces. Let me know if there is something else I might be able to provide that might give more insight into this.

The output is from one of the “25GB”-user crashes. He is able to access mail normally most of the time though so the client recovers and he hasn’t reported this issue to us.

—
[Lı.U] SysAdmin KITVS-IFM & ITI-NET IT.LiU.SE +46-13-28 2786