Mail dates

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue Jun 14 22:50:08 UTC 2016

Where exactly does dovecot get the date that it reports via IMAP?

I have a lot of messages that were restored from an archive and so all have the same date, despite being over the span over several years.

I tried setting the timestamps of the files to the date in the Received header, but that didn’t seem to make any difference to what my IMAP clients see.

Do I have to rename the files to the right epoch seconds in order for dovecot to show the right dates to the IMAP clients?

… It seems I’ve been here before, but I don’t remember the solution …

--
'What is this thing, anyway?' said the Dean, inspecting the implement in
his hands. 'It's called a shovel', said the Senior Wrangler. 'I've seen