Upgrade to 2.2.9 breaks sasl auth

Paul paul at enlund.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:40:45 UTC 2016

Hi

On 15/06/2016 09:04, aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi wrote:
>> On June 15, 2016 at 1:50 AM Paul <paul at enlund.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> Hi
>> This is my 1st time here so please be gentle.
>>
>> I have encountered one problem since upgrading from 2.0.19 to 2.2.9
>> which has me beat.
>> The system provides sasl auth services via inet to a postfix 2.11 system.
>> Since the upgrade postfix complains of no sasl methods available.
>> The same dovecot configuration is used on both versions.
>> Now I get these results looking at the inet connection
>>
>> Version 2.0.19
>> root at larch:~# telnet 192.168.3.15 12345
>> Trying 192.168.3.15...
>> Connected to 192.168.3.15.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> VERSION 1 1
>> MECH PLAIN plaintext
>> MECH LOGIN plaintext
>> MECH CRAM-MD5 dictionary active
>> SPID 23223
>> CUID 1
>> COOKIE d0b71942d48585303f9ae4681baabf87
>> DONE
>>
>> Version 2.2.9
>> root at larch:~# telnet 192.168.3.112 12345
>> Trying 192.168.3.112...
>> Connected to 192.168.3.112.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> VERSION 1 1
>> SPID 5300
>>
>> Seems be something lacking in the response from 2.2.9 that fits the "no
>> sasl methods" response from postfix
>>
> have you checked
>
> doveadm log errors
>
> ---
> Aki Tuomi

I had not so here they are

root at larch:/var/log# doveadm log errors
( no output)

root at larch:/var/log# doveadm -D log errors
doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules
doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin
.so
doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/d
oveadm
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_acl_plugin, because
dlopen() faile
d: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_acl_plugin.so:
undefined symbo
l: acl_user_module (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this
message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_expire_plugin, because
dlopen() fa
iled: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_expire_plugin.so:
undefined
  symbol: expire_set_deinit (this is usually intentional, so just ignore
this mes
sage)
doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_dove
adm_quota_plugin.so
doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_dove
adm_sieve_plugin.so
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_fts_plugin, because
dlopen() faile
d: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib20_doveadm_fts_plugin.so:
undefined symbo
l: fts_backend_rescan (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this
message)

A note if I change postfix to use the unix socket defined in the same
service auth section that
the inet listener is defined in postfix sasl auth works fine.
Stiil getting short response to telnet connection to sasl inet port
compared to 2.0.19 response

Paul