tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48

Maurizio Dall'Acqua pi at lab2000-linux.homepc.it
Sun Jun 19 09:42:44 UTC 2016

I have found a solution!

I have tried to install the new version or Roundcube from github, but I have
had some problems with the configuration files. So I've switched back to
Squirrelmail.

I have set Squirrelmail to plain text login but I have tunneled the
connection to stunnel4 by means of xinetd, so I can have a secure login
connection. For some reasons both Roundcube and Squirrelmail can't use the
self-signed certificate I provided, but it is not a problem for stunnel4.

So, here we go,

Thanks to all those who have suggested a solution in the mail-list.

;-)