Disabling passdb pam in local.conf

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Mon Jun 20 20:03:44 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a configuration that leaves every config file deployed by
an install process or paket management software untouched. The goal is to put
every configuration required into /etc/dovecot/local.conf.

I've come quite far, but I fail to disable pam as passdb service in
local.conf. What I get if I run doveconf -n is this section:

passdb {
  driver = pam
}

It is in there, because 10-auth.conf includes it:

!include auth-system.conf.ext

These actions are not an option at the moment:

- modify /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf and comment/remove the
  !include-statement
- create an /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf which would contain all options required
  and would not include any other *.conf files

Reading http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ConfigFile I see ways to include external
files, but nothing to exclude a file in local.conf.

Knowing Timo I would expect there is a way to acchieve what I want. I just
don't seem to find it.

What am I missing?

Regards,

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München