Disabling passdb pam in local.conf

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Wed Jun 22 13:45:31 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-21 13:46, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Edgar Pettijohn <edgar at pettijohn-web.com>:
>> > Only /etc/dovecot/local.conf should be changed.
>> >
>> So you want the standard files to remain unchanged from default
>> settings and override them with your settings in local.conf?
>
> Exactly (he said that in his initial mail).

so we all need to do "dovecot -n >>/tmp/dovecot.conf"

or go back to dovecot v1 ? :-)

i think local.conf is more and extender conf file for new things not in
current config, or more like non standard plugins not in dovecot sources

in gentoo i just keep edit default files, and if its changed AFTER
install gentoo tells me that its changed, and then show a "diff old new"
so i know my faults later

ps: is there a hope for dovecot maillist not break dkim ?