doveadm purge -A includes users with gid outside of limits and then reports error

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 15:30:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

one our user reported that when he runs "doveadm purge -A" it goes
through users that don't have gid in the first_valid_gid-last_valid_git
range and it reports error. For example:

doveadm(dovenull): Error: user dovenull: Mail access for users with GID
996 not permitted (see first_valid_gid in config file, gid from userdb
lookup).
doveadm(dovenull): Error: User init failed

auth/userdb-passwd.c : passwd_iterate_want_pw(...) has checks for UID
range, but does not have checks for GID range. Is there any reason for
this? We've added those checks (see attached patch) and all seems fine.

Cheers,
Michal Hlavinka