dsync unstable? (other strange detail)

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Tue Jun 28 22:13:29 UTC 2016

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> (Mi 29 Jun 2016 00:00:11 CEST):
…
> >> b) UID=16 suddenly appeared on Cyrus side even though it wasn't there earlier. This isn't allowed by IMAP standard.
> It's still strange if Cyrus is doing that. It's generally a pretty well behaving IMAP server. What version is it?

* OK srvlx Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready

Maybe, did you read my previous post with a similar subject? There I had
an empty local destination and some nasty effects too.

In case it helps:

    mail_location = maildir:~:INBOX=/volumes/dovecot/inbox/%2.256Nn/%n:INDEX=/volumes/dovecot/cache/%2.256Nn/%n

which leads to

    /volumes/dovecot/{cache,home,inbox}/<hash>/<user>

is used for the maildir storage. As I'm writing this, I'm not sure, if I
really purged the /var/vmail/cache/ hierarchy. But home/ and inbox/
where clean as a baby.

The storage is imported via NFS. But the other backends (we're using a
director/backend setup) are switched off, to really be sure the we don't have concurrent access.

--
Heiko