Error when searching in mailfolders

Christoph Pleger Christoph at plmail.de
Wed Jun 29 13:40:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just found that with my dovecot 2.2.21, when I use squirrelmail to
search for something in my mailfolders, that fails with

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: SEARCH CHARSET ISO-8859-1 ALL FROM "someone"

That happens for searches in any folder, except from INBOX. When I search
in all folders, only results from INBOX are found, then the error message
is shown.

The log says:

imap: Error: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CLuceneError'

imap(christoph): Fatal: master: service(imap): child 2834 killed with
signal 6 (core dumps disabled)

What can I do about that?

Regards
  Christoph