filtering ssl_cert

Russell Stuart russell at stuart.id.au
Thu Jun 30 11:24:23 UTC 2016

In dovecot 1 I was able to do something like this:

    protocol imap {
      ssl_cert = cert-imap.pem
      ssl_key  = key-imap.pem
    }

    local ww.xx.yy.zz {
      protocol imap {
        ssl_cert = cert-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
        ssl_key  = key-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
      }
    }

The intent is ww.xx.yy.zz is an externally routable IP address which
has a Cert signed by a real CA, other addresses are internal which have
a variety of domain names, signed by a self-signed cert.

That worked in dovecot 1, but in dovecot 2 I get the error: "Conflict
in setting ssl_cert found from filter".

Weirdly, this works in dovecot 2:

  local 0.0.0.0/0 {
    ssl_cert = cert-imap.pem
    ssl_key  = key-imap.pem
  }

  local ww.xx.yy.zz {
    ssl_cert = cert-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
    ssl_key  = key-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
  }

But this doesn't:

  local 0.0.0.0/0 {
    protocol imap {
      ssl_cert = cert-imap.pem

  ssl_key  = key-imap.pem
    }
  }

  local ww.xx.yy.zz {
    protocol imap {
      ssl_cert = cert-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
      ssl_key  = key-imap-ww.xx.yy.zz.pem
    }
  }

It smells like a bug.

Anyway, does anybody know of a way to port my config to dovecot 2?