v2.2.22 release candidate released

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.nl
Fri Mar 4 15:40:29 UTC 2016

On 04/03/16 14:33, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> There are some larger changes here, especially to doveadm to make it
> support HTTP API. There's still time to do smaller tweaks to the API,
> so let us know if you have some improvement ideas. Note that the API
> was designed to look mostly like JMAP, which we're planning to
> implement also for v2.3. The plan is to fork v2.3 development tree
> soon.

Let me say that I think it's really cool that you're adding support for
JMAP. This will make it possible for front-end developers to build
webmail or mail-aware applications right on top of dovecot, instead of
first having to build a server-side middleware layer between IMAP and
the application.

Question: some time ago you mentioned that you were going to work on
caldav/carddav support. What is the status of that, and will the
calendar/contacts database be available over JMAP as well?

Thanks,

Mike.