Ubuntu packages

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Mar 6 00:21:06 UTC 2016

On 06/03/2016 04:18, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> for paranoid people, create you own repo
> and for info dovecot had nice compiled from scratch to me in the past
> too

The only way to use dovecot IMHO is by source, you build in what you
want and omit the junk (that some repo packagers want to include -
because they need cater for many scenarios) that you have no need for,
sadly though, dovecot has lapsed a bit in security in this respect since
we used to be able to disable all non-wanted password types, but now we
have many of them non configurable and get them built in whether we like
it or not, its one of two gripes I've had with dovecot 2.x, otherwise,
reasonable happy with it now days.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/