Ubuntu packages

aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Sun Mar 6 17:32:57 UTC 2016

> On March 6, 2016 at 7:22 PM Andrew McGlashan
> <andrew.mcglashan at affinityvision.com.au> wrote:
>

> On 6/03/2016 8:16 PM, aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi wrote:
> > Stephan, for Jessie you should compile with systemd support enabled and
> > leave
> > the init.d link out completely. You can enable the ProtectFull=yes in the
> > systemd file.
>
> Many of us Debian users hate the fact that systemd even exists..... for
> now we can run servers without systemd, but who knows in a few years or
> a couple of releases.
>
> systemd is a cancer, that's been said before and it will be long time,
> if ever, before it is not said regularly.
>
> Cheers
> A.

Yet, it would be good idea to enable systemd support for those who use systemd,
despite being considered as cancerous by some people, with the same
justification that some want to use systemd. Retaining the init.d script does
pose some problems, mainly because it seems to interfere with systemctl enable
command which gets confused.

Aki