Looking for way to monitor dsync, confirm it is or isn't running

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Thu Mar 17 16:51:35 UTC 2016

Rich Wales <richw at richw.org> wrote:

> As a followup question:  If "doveadm replicator status" shows problems,
> are there any commands available to pinpoint exactly which request(s)
> is/are causing the problem(s)?

Not to my knowledge.

> One of the sites I am administering, for example, has been reporting
> 1 "queued 'full resync' requests" and 9 "waiting 'failed' requests" for
> the past couple of days.  But I have no idea how to resolve the issue.
> Suggestions welcome.

Normally those messages do not persist for days at my site; I do only see them for an hour, longest.

That hour may coincide with my setting:
	replication_full_sync_interval = 1 hours
But that is a guess of mine, I do not know enough about replicator to answer your questions. Others should jump in here.

Anyway: Did you try "doveadm -D replicator replicate '*'"?

Regards,
Michael