Understand the UID value in mailbox debug

Tobi tobster at brain-force.ch
Mon Mar 21 13:13:09 UTC 2016

Am 21.03.2016 um 12:08 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:

> it's the UID of the message.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-2.3.1.1

thanks a lot this explains why I was unable to find the UID in passwd
May I add another question related to mailbox debug log?

would it be possible to log the session ID (from IMAP login) that
triggered the copy of the mail? I checked mail-log-plugin.c but could
not find a session field. Basically I need to relate the action logged
by mailbox debug to the respective IMAP login on the server.

If it's not possible at the moment to get this information, would it be
possible to implement in future versions of dovecot?

Thanks

tobi