Option to not add "Received" header ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 21 14:00:39 UTC 2016

On 21 Mar 2016, at 22:08, Tom Sommer <mail at tomsommer.dk> wrote:

> On 2015-03-24 12:27, Florent B wrote:
>
>> I use Dovecot in lmtp mode to receive mails.
>> I would like an option to tell Dovecot to not add a "Reveived" header on
>> each server (I use a director, so Director also adds this header).
>
> I would love this as well.

How about the other way around: Does anybody want Dovecot LMTP to add a Received header? dovecot-lda doesn't. And proxy/director logs nowadays about what goes through them. Dovecot itself doesn't check the Received headers in any way for looping or other purposes. Maybe Dovecot v2.3 shouldn't add any Received headers at all?