Need help solving issue

MARIA jamieson jamieson.maria at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 16:48:37 UTC 2016

Hi, I am using Dovecot 2.2.18  and have migrated from a 1.x versions. After this migration I had several errors and obsolete errors in logs. I fixed them and after all that I finally was able to run postfix and dovecot again.
The problem I have facing right now is that in the mail logs and in the dovecot logs. I am getting auth errors.
In mail log the postfix is spitting out: " fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms"
Dovecot is spitting this out "imap-login : Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): ,user<>, the shows client ip, my server ip and then the 0 seconds connection etc.
Error: auth: environment corrupt; missing value for DOVECOT_"

That is what it spits out.  I asked for help and many threads.I am using freebsd 10.2.  I do use mysql for database. I need someone to explain what the error means and how I can fix it?
Thank you for your time!