Dovecot on FreeBSD 10.1

Søren Andersen SOAN at stofa.dk
Fri Mar 25 18:32:53 UTC 2016

Hi Larry,

I’m running dovecot2-2.2.22. – I’ve tried to compile dovecot from the souce, and I see the same error :/

Are you using sql auth in your setup?

root at beastie:/var/log # doveconf -n
# 2.2.22 (fe789d2): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.13 (7b14904)
# OS: FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 amd64  zfs
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_verbose = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no
hostname = beastie.***
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-info.log
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:/data/vmail/%d/%n
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
postmaster_address = postmaster@****
protocols = imap lmtp
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
}
ssl = no
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/data/vmail/%d/%n
  driver = static
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
verbose_ssl = yes