CentOS RPM updates?

Michael Seevogel michael.seevogel at ddnetservice.de
Wed Mar 30 15:22:55 UTC 2016

Am 30.03.2016 um 14:22 schrieb J Landwehr:
> Has CentOS stopped distributing dovecot updates via yum?
>
> The current version there is 2.2.10 - which is now over two years old.
>
> The link on: http://dovecot.org/download.html <http://dovecot.org/download.html> to “RPMs for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS” http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/dovecot/ <http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/dovecot/> is also broken.
>
> Would be great if someone could please point me to alternative locations for authentic RPMs

There are no "authentic" RedHat RPMs (for RedHat Linux) with versions
newer than 2.2.10 available.
Red Hat Linux (or if you use CentOS) releases most packages with Long
Term Support in mind. This implies that mostly no new, or bleeding edge
versions of, for example Dovecot will be released.

So if you want "very authentic" and newer versions of Dovecot as RPM
package then you should get a subscription from Dovecot Oy or check this
recent conversation for "authentic" CentOS 5/6/7 RPMs out:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg64887.html

Best regards
Michael Seevogel