Dovecot plugin pthread issue

qmail at top-consulting.net qmail at top-consulting.net
Thu Mar 31 06:26:54 UTC 2016

I am using FreeBSD 10.1 and Dovecot 2.2.22 with the Openchange plugin - https://github.com/openchange/openchange/tree/master/mapiproxy/services/plugins/dovecot (https://github.com/openchange/openchange/tree/master/mapiproxy/services/plugins/dovecot)
The plugin compiles just fine and works up until when it tries to create a socket using nanomsg, which uses a pthread_create() call. At that point dovecot-lda just hangs indefinitely.
I've read that -pthread must be included in all the components that might end up using it. So checking with ldd:
nanomsg does include libthr ( pthread equivalent in FreeBSD )
openchange plugin also includes libthr
dovecot-lda doesn't include libthr
Would dovecot-lda also need to be compiled with -pthread ? Is it safe ? How can it be done ?
Thank you!