Is there a way to override Sieve's "not sending notification for auto-submitted message" behavior?

Sat May 7 07:07:24 UTC 2016

On 5/5/2016 12:40 PM, Gedalya wrote:
> On 05/05/2016 01:33 PM, Gedalya wrote:
>> you just might be able to set that up to test for the right conditions *when* to do this, and then proceed to remove the header
>
> Maybe using PCRE negative lookaheads
>
> /^Subject: (?!google-calendar-notification)/    DUNNO
> /^From: (?!google)/    DUNNO
> /^Auto-Submitted:/    IGNORE
>
> maybe something vaguely like this?? didn't test this anywhere outside of my message compose window

Thanks. I tried it, but it appeared to strip the header from emails that
the "/From: " line didn't match. I'm going to try going the route of a
check_sender_access table entry that uses a 'FILTER transport:' action
to send matched mail through a custom transport. That transport/service
entry in master.cf will then apply a single header check to strip out
the header.

I've been fighting with the appropriate settings for the entry and
haven't made much progress, so I will probably drop into the Postfix
mailing list soon and ask for some help there pointing out my obvious
mistake.

Thanks for your feedback.