ot: migrating TB user's email to new laptop

David Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:52:44 UTC 2016

Just for information to help anyone else who ends up on this thread for
similar reasons, here are some links to the relevant pages on the mozilla
site.

Moving Thunderbird Data to a new computer
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/moving-thunderbird-data-to-a-new-computer>
Which has links to the detalsa about thunderbird profiles
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-tb>, which has details of
backup and restore etc.

Pertinent to this thread is the restoring to a different location
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-tb#w_restoring-to-a-different-location>
sub section.

@voytek : If you continue to have problems I would strongly recommend
looking at the mozilla help pages, and if neccessary droping a message to
their forums (they are after all the thunderbird experts ;) ), I personally
have found them very helpful.

Hope that helps

David.