IMAP Timeouts

Vince42 dovecot at mx24.net
Sat May 28 19:25:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

from time to time the IMAP login times out ... my external monitoring
says "connection reset by peer (SSL)" and Thunderbird tries to connect
forever. After a short while everything returns back to normal operation.

The system resources are plenty, there are no error messages and no
greedy background tasks running.

I read a little about tweaking imap-login - but all the default
parameters seem to be set more generously than what was recommended.

Where should I start the debugging process?

I really wish there was some "dovecot optimizer tool" ... :P

--
Cheers,                        \\|//
Vince                          (o o)

                                   Ooo.