IMAP Timeouts

Vince42 dovecot at mx24.net
Sun May 29 10:50:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

[aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi] - [29.05.2016 08:58]
> Also make sure you are not facing simple firewall or interconnectivity issue.

The server is running well all the time, except for these "hickups". I
will also try Alexander's hint.

> Also usually it helps if you provide outputs from
> doveconf -n
> doveadm log errors

Here is my doveconf -n (doveadm log shows only old errors, nothing in
relation to the timeouts):

# 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.13.0-68-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_username_format = %n
debug_log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
plugin {
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve pop3
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }