mail relay for local network

Cedric Malitte cedric.malitte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:42:47 UTC 2016

JF,

Pi is usable to host an dovecot email server, but remember that SD Cards
are not hard drives and tend to fail more often unless you use industrial
grade ones ( do not ask how I know :) )
Or make backups on a regular basis.

For fecthing emails you should look at fetchmail, something like
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/clients/using-fetchmail-to-retrieve-email.
That's another thing, and I'm sure you'll find forums to help you on this.

That said, don't be afraid to try.
I had a dovecot runing on pi with nginx. Really easy to clone to make a
small cluster for testing.

Cedric