Sieve Logs

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Nov 8 15:35:48 UTC 2016

Op 8-11-2016 om 10:17 schreef GP:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed dovecot version 2.2.13 on a debian wheezy (bakported
> version).
> I want  to debug/log sieve filtering and lda if possible on a per user
> level (like procmail
> for example) ,  is it possible ?
>
> thanks in advance

First of all, you can define mail_debug=yes (also per-user from userdb
if you like). That doesn't tell you much about the Sieve processing
details though, it just provides just some additional information and
the final actions performed (much of that is logged even without
debugging enabled).

You can put debug_log commands in your Sieve script using the
vnd.dovecot.debug extension.

Sieve already has a per-user log file, but that normally only includes
user-caused error messages and debug_log messages. I am not sure whether
LDA logs can be split per-user somehow.

For a detailed per-user trace of Sieve processing, one could use the
sieve_trace setting. Unfortunately, this is a very new feature only
available for Dovecot 2.2.24/Pigeonhole 0.4.14 and later.

Regards,

Stephan.