How does one mark all messages as read (imap4flag "seen") with sieve?

Ben Johnson ben at indietorrent.org
Fri Nov 11 01:29:02 UTC 2016

On 11/10/2016 3:46 AM, Bill Shirley wrote:
> I don't use the Anti-Spam plugin; I just fire off a BASH script every
> four hours with
> crontab which iterates thru the vmail email accounts and trains
> Spamassassin 'per-user'
> accounts.  If the script sounds interesting I can post it here.  It
> probably could use a little polish
> though.
>
> Bill

Thanks, Bill!

Sure, please do share the script, if it's not too much trouble.

For my specific use-case, I've been maintaining a "corpus" of known
ham/spam messages, and enjoy being able to hand
classify/re-classify/ignore if necessary.

But I do see the appeal of training with a single script that iterates
through each user's mailbox.

Heretofore, my thinking has been that combining all "submitted" spam,
which is piped into the training mailbox automatically, whenever a user
drags from Inbox -> Spam (or vice versa), I have a much broader sample
of the the ham and spam out there.

And yes, a "shared" corpus among all users does seem to "dilute"
specific individuals' would-be training preferences a bit, but the
trade-off seems worthwhile.

Interesting quandary... I would love to see the script! No problem if
it's a bit "rough around the edges"; the overall concept and approach
are what's important to me.

-Ben