lazy-load SNI?

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Fri Nov 11 17:17:59 UTC 2016

On Friday 11 of November 2016, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> If you are interested in testing, please find patch attached that allows
> you to specify
>
> local_name *.foo.bar {
> }
>
> or
>
> local_name *.*.foo.bar {
> }
>
> so basically you can now use certificate name matching rules for
> local_name. It made most sense.

Great! Seems to be working fine for my usage and makes my configs 50% smaller
(which is gigantic improvement). Will do more testing though.

Thanks!

What about dovecot stopping processing new clients when reload is in progress
problem -  is it possible to make it behave better? To minimize (or avoid)
"downtime".

How to reproduce - just create config file with 20 000 - 50 000 entries

local_name hostX....example.com {
  ssl_cert = </etc/certs/cert.pem
  ssl_key = </etc/certs/cert.pem
}

where cert.pem contains some full chain (CA cert + intermediate + cert + key).

Start dovecot and then doveadm reload should take long time. Enough for
noticing that dovecot stops processing clients.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )