help needed configuration of quota warning mails

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Sun Nov 13 15:48:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

we run dovecot 2.2.24 and from what I see, quota management with warning message is configured currently with "noenforcing".

Our individual quota limit is stored in the users ldap DN which is fetched as I see from the logs and by "doveadm quota get -u"

I tried to trigger the warning mail by going over the limit on my account step by step and can see that values are counted with the command above and in thunderbird by showing the orange and than red warning symbol at the bottom for me.

But the warning mail script is not triggert. How may I debug this?

/usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh is owned currently by vmail and executable by vmail.

Thanks for feedback and suggestion . /Götz