dovecot pre-install issue

soumitri at iitk.ac.in soumitri at iitk.ac.in
Wed Nov 16 11:32:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I guess RHEL choose v2.2.10
<http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-news/2013-December/000268.html> as it
is a good release with all the things working.

My source of confusion are from

1) http://dovecot.org/oldnews.html

I have gone through each release update news. Lots of work and bug fix
after v2.2.10
<http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-news/2013-December/000268.html>, got me
confused.

E.g. in v2.2.13 has a fix " copied below"
<http://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2.13.tar.gz>

director was somewhat broken when there were exactly two directors
	  in the ring. It caused errors about "weak users" getting stuck.

2) http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Design/DoveadmProtocol/HTTP

An interesting feature to explore post setup.

With thanks & regards,

Soumitri Mishra
http://home.iitk.ac.in/~soumitri/