New Gmail Android App and Dovecot

David Flanigan dave at flanigan.net
Wed Nov 16 19:39:11 UTC 2016

Dovecot Users,

I have a sudden new problem that has cropped up just recently and I am
stumped. My implementation has been working for over a year with no
issues.

Version Data:
Dovecot: v2.2.10 (using self signed certificates)
openSSL: v1.01e
Gmail Android App: v6.10.23 November 3, 2016

The issue:
I use the iphone Gmail App to access my e-mail from phone and tablet. It
is simple and supports multiple accounts very nicely. This has worked
for better than 18 months without issue.

This week I upgraded my Android app to the latest version of Gmail and I
stopped getting incoming e-mail. I can still pick up via outlook and
other tools I use, but just not the android version of Gmail. When I
attempt to pick up mail i see the below error in my log file.

_Nov 16 14:18:56 ns1 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts
in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=10.10.10.198, lip=10.1.1.10, TLS: SSL_read()
failed: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version
number, session=<73vF8W9BdgCmrL7G>_

Disconnect and no new e-mail. There is no error in the Gmail app that I
can find. The Gmail app works fine with my other accounts (Gmail, work,
etc) so I am wondering if it is a configuration issue on my side or
Gmail App stopped supporting something I was using.

 My SSl config is RPM standard other than SSL=yes and my self signed
certificates.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Kind Regards,