dovecot pre-install issue

soumitri at iitk.ac.in soumitri at iitk.ac.in
Thu Nov 17 10:18:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the information. But still not sure about which dovecot
version to choose. Any more help from developers/gurus can be a help. I
am open to dovecot enterprise release, if it can satisfy my queries.

Regarding dovecot director, I am presently planning for option1, you
have mentioned.

1) 200,000 IOPS (my next 5 years requirement) is possible with NFS, as
claimed by EMC, Netapp; and I am planning to go for it. I am not in
favour of NFS with dovecot, but out existing setup is based on NFS and
migration will be easy. I am open for any improved storage solution
instead of NFS.

2) I guess, the partitioning of users requires a careful planning due to
different quota demand. presently I am trying to avoid this.

Any help in choosing appropriate dovecot version is appreciated.

Soumitri Mishra
http://home.iitk.ac.in/~soumitri/