Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Thu Nov 17 11:50:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 02:48:52 Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> What email clients are all of you using to look at your IMAP email?

I'm currently using Sylpheed, which is lightweight and fast, but
relatively basic (e.g. no HTML support).

I keep meaning to try out Trojitá, which is apparently also very fast,
as well as being very standards compliant. It uses an IMAP server for
as much functionality as possible, so I suspect it would work well with
Dovecot.

Other than that, if you want something new and shiny, try Geary.
Personally I didn't like it much, as it implements a "conversation
mode", making traditional in-line posting and so on more difficult.

I've tried Thunderbird, but it was too sluggish for my PC.

Andy