Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Fri Nov 18 08:14:18 UTC 2016

* lists at lazygranch.com <lists at lazygranch.com>:
> So does mutt suck or not?

If you work with vi and like it, chances are you will also like mutt.

Personally I *love* mutt! No extra fat. Always on the spot. It is "liberal in
what it receives and conservative in how it sends". Since it is command line
program, I can run it almost everywhere.

It supports local mailboxes, SMTP, POP and IMAP as well as S/MIME and PGP.
You can highly customize it, if you want to with rules per folder, per sender
adress etc. pp.

Just like vi it takes a while until you have internalized the (invisible)
interface. Once you've moved beyond that point you will experience an enormous
boost in efficency.

If you want to, ping me offline and I will share my mutt config. That should
make it easier to start using it.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München