Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 00:20:07 UTC 2016

Steve Litt asks

> * And most important, where can I find the best, most unambiguous
>  Alpine documentation, that doesn't assume I know anything about
>  Alpine?

The ~/.pinerc config file is well documented.  There is a bewildering
number of options, and you can tweak it just about anyway you like.

Choice of mail readers tend to a religious issue.  Users of a particular
reader will only change when you pry their cold dead fingers off of it.

Alpine is not a bad choice (I've been using it and it's predeccesor for
decades), and I go through mail faster than most people I know as I can
type faster than they can click buttons, scroll, and drag windows around.
However, it sort of sucks when you read formatted mail HTML with lots of
graphics).

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>