Feedback on first, i.e. novice-level, experiences with dovecot

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Sun Nov 20 15:41:53 UTC 2016

On 20/11/2016 16:36, Michael Felt wrote:
> More later.

So, part of my confusion may be resolved - I was thinking $prefix only,
where there are three:

 From the default config file (though still unknowing what the fatal
error) contains:

# options. The paths listed here are for configure --prefix=/usr
# --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

However, I still would have expected
/usr/share/doc/dovecot-core/example-config/ to be behind /opt. Or is
there yet another ./configure setting I skipped?