Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Nov 22 17:34:01 UTC 2016

On 11/22/2016 10:35 AM, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2016, at 7:48 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl at libertytrek.org> wrote:
>> I'm trying for the life of me to see a use case for anywhere close to
>> 1,000 folders, and am failing. That would be a major problem just from
>> the human side. How do you find anything?

> I can see it, though I think it’s excessive.
>
> List Mail
>    Dovecot
>      2011-06
>      2011-07
>      2011-08

<snip>

Like I said, I simply don't see it. There is simply zero reason to split
things up like this. It is trivial to limit your view to just what you
want with filters or just plain sorting (by date in this case).

Just not enough bang for the buck. Again, this is jut my opinion, if
this makes someone else feel better/more organized or whatever,
obviously they are free to have as many folders as they want.