Exim still accepting emails to nonexistent users

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Wed Nov 23 09:18:23 UTC 2016

Hi Marti,

Marti Markov <marti.markov at gmail.com> (Mi 23 Nov 2016 09:21:07 CET):
> Hi Heiko,
>
> Sorry for using your private email address. :/

… the problem is the duplicat suppression on our mailsystem, normally it
passes the 'unicasted' message and supresses the 'broadcasted' messages
(as the unicasted message comes first). The unicasted message doesn't
carry all the list headers.

That's one reason, why duplicate suppression is a bad thing.

…
> ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=com?mail?sub?(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=$local_part@
> $domain))}{$value}fail}
>
> Thanks again for all the support. You pointed me in the right direction. :)

You're welcome.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann