Updated my Dovecot certificate for the first time

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:02:10 UTC 2016

> Alpine still gives me a bad cert warning, saying I should either fix it
> or disable checking. I haven't yet found a way to get Alpine to
> discriminate between a valid self-signed cert and a bad one.

Well, it can't discriminate since any certificate (except those in your
trusted store) that asserts its own validity is suspect.  You can either
get alpine to not complain e.g.

 	inbox-path={192.168.100.2:143/user=whatever/tls/novalidate-cert}

or add the public part of the cert into your system's trusted CA store.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>