shared/public mailbox application

Adrian POPA adrianp at aageneral.ro
Mon Nov 28 15:45:28 UTC 2016

Hi,
I did that in Linux (Ubuntu) by using symbolic links.
In the INBOX of users that you want to see shared emails place a symlink to
the shared INBOX.
<domain>
  | <user 1>
  |  | ...INBOX
  |  | .Drafts (folder)
  |  | .Trash (folder
  |  | ...
  |  | ~.Shared AAA --> ../aaa
  |  | ~.Shared BBB --> ../bbb
  | <user 2>
  |  |  ...INBOX
  |  | ...
  |  | ~.Shared AAA --> ../aaa
  |  | ~.Shared BBB --> ../bbb
  | <aaa>
  |  | ...INBOX
  |  | ...
  | <bbb>
  |  | ...INBOX
  |  | ...
The only thing that could create problems are permissions. I use the same
UID/GID for all users (vmail:vmail) so I don't have such problems.
If you want special permissions for groups of users (some can delete emails
in shared folders) you need to define the permission groups, add users you
want to those groups and set rw permission and set group bit on shared
folders.

If you're not using Linux I cannot help.
Adrian