NFSv4 and Maildir

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:45:41 UTC 2016

Noel Butler writes:

>> I found the same thing, and turning off write delegation seemed
>> to have solved the problem.  I still don't know why, though.
>
> write delegation is disabled by default on NetApp with v4, or have they
> changed this now?

I think this is still the case: when I exported NFSv4, I also turned on
both r/w delegation as well.  The exported filesystem exhibited weird
locking or slow write operations on NFS clients (e.g. "touch newfile"
would take a second to complete).  This went away when I turned off
write delegation.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>