Pacaging/build issues with AIX and vac (dovecot-2.2.25)

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Mon Oct 10 16:14:29 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 17:29, Stephan Bosch wrote:

> Op 10-10-2016 om 17:16 schreef Michael Felt:

>>> It seems to fail on a C99 feature called Compound Literal (see
>>> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf, Section
>>> 6.5.2.5).
>>>
>>> It should be supported by AIX:
>>>
>>> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGH3R_13.1.3/com.ibm.xlcpp1313.aix.doc/language_ref/compound_literals.html
>>>

>>> I have no idea why it would fail here.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Stephan.
>>
>> Well, if I had the budget to buy the latest version (version 13 is
>> your doclink) - then maybe it would work for me. I do not have the
>> resources to upgrade from v11. Sad day for me I guess.
>>
>> Or lucky for me that "Compound Literal" is not used much - this is
>> the first time I have run into it.
>
> Well, older versions are supposed to support it too:
>
> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGH3R_11.1.0/com.ibm.xlcpp111.aix.doc/language_ref/compound_literals.html
>

> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

I am trying to work on it. Hard to read until you know what you are
looking at.

I had already seen that 11.1 also shows the link - I guess it does not
like the nested form.

And, it looks as if you have too many {} pairs (one too many outside
pairs) - the .info report was mentioning they were more than needed and
'skipping' iirc.