Outlook 2010 woes

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Thu Oct 13 14:18:03 UTC 2016

On 10/13/16 9:06 AM, Bryan Holloway wrote:
> On 10/13/16 8:55 AM, Jerry wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:36:23 -0500, Bryan Holloway stated:
>>
>>> I also extended the "Server Timeout" setting in OT2010 to 10 minutes,
>>> which doesn't seem to help either. (!)
>>
>> Outlook 2010 is a very old version. Why not update to the 2016 version.
>> I am running it without any problems. If you do update, remember to
>> remove the old version completely first.
>>

> Yeah -- totally not disagreeing with that statement ... the problem is
> that the customer is putting their foot down since everything worked
> fine with Dovecot 2.1.
>
> But yes, I have mentioned that to them ...

I guess I should add that it would be one thing if there were a specific
IMAP feature that a newer Dovecot version (2.2) supported and the client
didn't, but I haven't been able to pinpoint it.

Obviously the behavior is different than what it was, but it would be a
lot easier to convince the customer to upgrade if I could point a finger
right at the "feature" in question.

In the meantime, I have to try and figure out what's changed ...